Monday, April 23, 2012

David's Take on Pork & Beans

Pork & Beans

I can't take the credit for all of the dishes that come out of my kitchen these days. While most of the stuff on my blog is definitely my doing, there is a much more experienced and talented palette at my side.

So, I'll post a few of David's creations here and there, sans recipe, for your culinary inspiration and stomach's desire. Why no recipe? Some chefs don't like to freely give away their secrets, especially on their carefully tested (or magically concocted) recipes. I have to respect David's wishes. I ask him *politely* if he minds if I post a recipe that he comes up with, and if he gives me that look... I just post a photo. Another reason is that David usually cooks as he goes (without a recipe in mind), and his recipes tend to have more complicated-than-I-feel-like-typing steps.

Luckily for me, even after a 50+ hour week in the restaurant, he still wants to come home and cook. This was dish #2 to come out of our massive pork shoulder buy. 

David's Pork & Beans

It's David's take on pork and beans. Braised and seared pork shoulder with cranberry beans, watercress (can't get enough of these two) and chimichurri. Being from The South, this was not at all what I envisioned when tossing around ideas about doing a variation on the classic dish. It was light and fresh, packed with flavor, and dare I say it, pretty damn healthy.

3 comments:

  1. I don't usually eat pork and beans because of the bad memories I've got growing up with the canned stuff! I can't imagine myself feeding my kids those fake foods in a can - and I'm so upset that my own parents (I guess, who didn't know any better) would have fed me that garbage. So for sure, this version is awesome :) Too bad there's no recipe that comes with the beautiful plate shot ;p LOL! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is very helpful thank you very much for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking care of our health is one of the important thing in our life I have made some extra decisions to make my life more secure one of it is a health insurance

    ReplyDelete